There are simple things you can do that help you in maintaining a healthy hair without using chemically hazardous hair products available in the market. How to get healthy hair starts with the intake of sufficient vitamins and minerals that have great hair-health benefits. What are these vitamin for hair growth and thickness and what are the positive effects they provide?
supplements for hair growth and thickness
Vitamin B7, also known as Biotin, is one of the most significant vitamins that promote hair growth and thickness. It doesn’t only aid the production of fatty acids that lead to the growth of cells, but it also plays an important role in the production of amino acid and fat. The effects of Biotin for your hair are higher when combined with B5, B6, or B12 B-Complex Vitamins. You can easily find Biotin in healthy foods such as brown rice, bulgur, green peas, and dietary supplements, among others.
Before, a widely known antioxidant, vitamin A, or Retinol was solely meant for eye health maintenance. However, science has proven that it could also provide healthy, smooth and beautiful hair while also preventing hair loss.
It fights hair destruction substances and it is usually found in foods such as cod liver oil, krill oil, carrots, and spinach. However, you must be cautious when consuming a lot of Retinol as it can cause toxicity and, in worst cases, complete hair loss. Make sure to have an average daily intake to prevent these negative-effects to occur.
Most breast feeding women and those who don’t eat a sufficient amount of red meat are lacking iron which results in slow growth of hair and even hair loss. The intake of iron is an essential part of maintaining healthy hair because of the oxygen that it carries. Iron can be found in egg yolks, lentils, spinach, and chicken but should be taken moderately.
The Pantothenic Acid, also called Vitamin B5, is not really famous compared to other vitamins for hair but still remains to be effective in reducing natural hair loss caused by aging. It is said to strengthen hair cells leading them to function properly. If you’re not satisfied with any kind of hair product, try Pantothenic Acid to get thick long hair and to help your scalp eliminate dead skin that cause dandruff.
As an antioxidant, Vitamin E is known to neutralize free radicals of the skin. It promotes healthy blood circulation and increases oxygen intake, which lead to increase of hair growth. Eating beans, soybeans, and leafy greens, among others will help you gain more Vitamin E, but it is advisable to limit the amount of intake as it has blood thinning properties.
Vitamin C, found in citrus fruits, can help produce more keratin, which strengthens hair follicles.
Sufficient intake of the above-mentioned vitamins for hair will help you in maintaining your hair strong and healthy. Now we will provide you with a list of suggestions of food that contain these types of vitamins and that can be added or increased in your daily diet.
Food Containing vitamin for hair growth and thickness
– they represent a great source of iron-rich protein. This type of protein is very useful for cell growth, including the hair cells. It is also very important for keratin to get enough of the hardened protein, because without this condition fulfilled, hair tends to grow much more slowly.
– these are an excellent source of Vitamin C, one of the most important vitamins for hair. It helps to ensure that there is enough iron in red blood cells to carry oxygen to hair follicles. Vitamin C is also used to form collagen, a very important structural fiber. Even a small deficiency of this vitamin can lead to weak and vulnerable hair strands.
– these are a great source of beta carotene. Beta carotene is subsequently turned into Vitamin A in our bodies. Deficiency of this vitamin can lead to dry and lifeless hair, so including food like sweet potatoes in your diet will be very beneficial for healthy hair.
– the mineral zinc plays an important part in tissue growth, and hair is no exception. Deficiency in this mineral can cause hair loss, slow growth and dandruff. To avoid this, try and include zinc rich food in your diet, like oysters, crabs, liver etc.
– also very rich in Vitamin C which is, again, critical for circulation to the scalp and preventing the hair splitting and breaking.
– it is rich in protein, zinc and iron, so its benefits for the hair are multiple. In addition, it is a food that is very accessible and easy to prepare.Get now vitamin for hair growth and thickness